Thursday 3 June 2010

Koi

Last night I was thinking I need to do my DT card for this week for Crafts and Me and had a rummage through my stamps. As I was a bit pushed for time I thought I'd go for one of the easier designs and for some reason my mind wandered off track and I picked up Koi which is one of the newer stamps in the range and one of the more challenging! I do like a challenge though lol! I think if I chose a wider range of colours it would be easier but I was sticking to an orange/yellow theme so had to think a bit to get a good contrast!

I've coloured her with promarkers and accented with sakura stardust pens. I used the blender pen quite a lot with this one to get the effects on her tail and clothes. The actual Koi and her tail I've painted with glossy accents and added glamour dust on the tail.
The ribbon I've coloured using a matching promarker (amber) and the background is starburst stains bachelor button blue which I've used a puddling technique so it looks like water.

Right-o I'm off on my first bike ride of the year, wish me luck lol! The kids love it so we're going down the trans pennine to grab some tea!




"KOI" can be purchased via Crafts & Me in the UK. Thanks for looking!

8 comments:

  1. wow Teresa this is a stunning card and such brilliant colouring - I love the sparkle! and it would be a perfect entry for the CCT theme this week too!
    hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Annie, originally I was going to put it on a white mount and base then spotted cct was orange/blue/black so changed it x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing! love it! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely Vix I love the orange colours and the background effect of water is a great idea.
    Luv Teresa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Vix, love the orange colours and the blue. Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful, Vix. The colours you've used are perfect and your colouring is outstanding as always.

    Meesh. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is totally stunning I love all the sparkle and you have made me really want this stamp! That colour combo I love but can never seem to get it right myself but this is spot on.

    Hugs

    Amy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Vix i love the beautiful colours and the flowers are so pretty. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a message it is lovely to hear from everyone.
Luv Teresa xx